Thursday, June 2, 2011


Rose early this morning to find a September-like nip in the air; that didn't last long, but the day was pleasant and breezy. Certainly would have expected to sell more than two cards, but that is the way it goes some days . . . Went to Roxy's this morning for one of their now-famous (thanks to the Pa. Secretary of Health) egg sandwiches. The order elicited a giggle from the other patrons, of course . . . While I am still getting back on my feet, I believe I am well enough to begin opening the store at 11 a.m. I am going to try during the month of June. I will admit that my energy falters in the afternoon, but by that time Bob is here to take over . . . Have been cleaning out my kitchen cabinets and offered free to the public about ten mismatched coffee mugs of various sizes. Lined them up on the stoop this morning and as of 4:30 this afternoon I have only three left . . .This curious-at-first photograph is by Al Holliday of Camp Hill, the publisher of Pennsylvania Magazine and a fellow co-worker at the Department of Education way back in the early '70s. If you study it a bit you will discover that it is the Market Square cityscape as reflected in the sculpture in front of City Hall. Pretty neat I would say . . . You can catch more of Al's photos at http://beyondsecond.com/ . . . Lots of interesting stuff there . . . And as I always remind you, click the photo to enlarge it . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment