Thursday, March 4, 2010

Almost did a number in my pants this afternoon after learning via e-mail that I had won nearly two million British pounds in a credit card lottery in London. All I had to do was contact a bank in England to claim my prize . . . Well, I made a phone call alright, but it was to my credit card company and its Internet Security Unit. They seemed quite pleased to hear from me and were very helpful, though they didn't think I should spend my winnings just yet. Should any of you receive a similar message and hold a CitiCorp card (MasterCard or Visa) I have the security unit number that will help you avoid all the other run-arounds . . . and should any of you receive a similar message, please contact your credit card holder immediately. It was also recommended that I run my virus scan as quickly as possible . . . Too bad that this isn't legit. Tough economic times have cut into donations toward the annual July PrideFest celebration on the riverfront. The committee has had to make some difficult choices. As of now the parade will be shortened with fewer paid participants from out of town. It was also decided that as of this moment the festival could eliminate a celebrity "headliner" for the closing of the event. Of course all of this could change if someone who wins two million British pounds steps forward . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment