Monday, October 3, 2011


Ugh. Another sunless raw day. I even turned some heat on (for twenty minutes, but it did take the chill off for a bit). What really hurt was my phone call to Dan in Minnesota to order some more of his gold-filled paperweights. (Yes, folks, the pyramid will be back in stock.) When I complained about our weather he said to "hold tight" and that the mid west was sending us some relief. It has been in the eighties out there for the past few days . . . Had a really lonely morning. For the past several weeks Annalise would come to visit with me and see what is new. She loves to touch things and her favorite is the arborvitae bushes out front. We would clap hands and she would share a big smile or two--something she doesn't do for just anybody. Alas, today her mother Jaime had to return to the classroom and take up her teaching career, so Annalise went off to daycare, leaving me to fend for myself . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment