Thursday, October 6, 2011


I have recently mentioned the theft of garbage cans on North Street and a planter from Janet Foreman’s stoop on Green Street. Today I received a detailed message from Michelle Hollis in the 900 block of Susquehanna (slightly edited): Not only is Der Maennerchor experiencing theft in the midtown area, we did as well. I came home from work Tuesday night to find my beautiful flower pots GONE! Left in the wake were the bushes and some of the flowers and other plants, just sitting on the sidewalk. The bricks and rocks that were in the bottom of the pots were clearly dumped out by the thief before SHE absconded with the pots . . . You ask, how do I know it was a she? Well, one of the construction workers working at the neighbors spotted the senior and witnessed the crime. She dumped the contents and loaded up pots into an awaiting shopping cart that was abandoned over the weekend in a nearby parking lot. The cart came all the way from Dollar General (Cameron Street perhaps?). Anyway, the construction guy just watched and took no action. I have a few choice words for him . . . Kudos to the Harrisburg Police. Two young officers arrived within 10 minutes of my call. They took the information, I e-mailed some before and after photos to them and they cautioned us not to confront the thief should we find the pots . . . Oh, and did I mention granny was wearing a….wait for it….hoodie. Why is there always a hoodie involved??? . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment