Friday, October 14, 2011

Another dreary day of clouds and rain. I braved the downpour to open the leaf-filled drain at the end of our block . . . The expected shipments of new merchandise failed to arrive . . . Got a late afternoon call from Verizon saying that my Internet line was fixed; it wasn't so I called the number that they provided. That took me to India on a terrible connection; I asked the fellow if he could get someone on another line who might speak English with less of an accent, which was almost impossible to decipher. He was deeply offended and when I asked for a supervisor he said there were none available. I couldn't help but think of that credit card commercial where the callers get stuck with "Peggy." (I assume you all have seen those.) . . . Called Verizon tech support and after some pleasant moments with an English-speaking girl I was informed that the phone call I had received must have been in error because my "problem" was still "ticketed" which meant that no one had tackled it yet. But the good news: the "ticket" said the problem had to be cleared up by Saturday at five p.m. . . . We shall see . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment