Wednesday, February 1, 2012


This time last year I was at the Harrisburg Hospital recovering from the exploratory surgery that would eventually result in a more radical undertaking. I find it strange that I cannot recall anything about that day but I do remember that the recovery did not go well and I was back in the emergency room a few days later. Needless to say this was also a bleak time for The Bare Wall. We were closed for two days before Bob was able to slip away from his care-giving duties to open the store for three hours per day the rest of the week . . . Today the weather was gorgeous and the public responded. Looks like I will have to place another order for Bill Campbell's pottery! Thanks a bunch to all . . . It is official: JJ is trekking out to Indianapolis for the Super Bowl game . . . Lee Spitalny e-mailed to say that she too saw The Artist but was not all that impressed; if anyone wins an Oscar it should be the dog, in her opinion . . . Dr. Coldren sent us this picture of a hellebore which is now blooming in his courtyard. Frankly, I didn't know what a hellebore was so I had to do some Googling. It is an early bloomer that winters better than most plants and sends forth its flowers so early it is sometimes called a Christmas rose or a Lenten rose although it has nothing to do with the rose family. Quite pretty in any case . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment