Wednesday, November 16, 2011


Of course Tammy Evans did not return my phone call today but I see that my check has been cashed by the city so I assume (a great mistake, perhaps) that I am back in the good graces of city hall and that my water will continue to flow . . . We now have two street lights on our block that do not function. Calls to the city for repairs have gone unheeded. If one were to take an early evening stroll around town one would find dozens of lights no longer in service. Public Works cannot be so busy that they must ignore these safety features . . . Have that cough/cold that is going around and spent most of the afternoon in bed. Am looking forward to a big bowl of chili which Bob has cooked up--just the right thing for a stormy fall evening . . . It is beginning to appear that there was a rush to judgment in the Penn State scandal. When we first read the grand jury report I said to my neighbor that the incident which brought down the hierarchy was based on the unsupported testimony of one guy; suppose he wasn't telling the truth? My neighbor said I read too many Agatha Christie novels . . . well, now that "witness" is changing his story and the alleged victim reportedly has denied that the incident ever occurred. Curiouser and curiouser . . . If things turn out to be different than what they now appear, the PSU trustees, the Governor and especially the Pat-News will have a tasty plate of crow. However, the accused will have to be found guilty if only to save these famous faces. (And I do think he is culpable of something.) . . . Funny that the newspaper hasn't the resources to report the petty crimes in the city but it has very deep pockets when it comes to this scandal. Pulitzer anyone? . . . Well, one might say that this home owner uptown has given notice, not that it will do much for him in court . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment