Monday, November 14, 2011


Mary Ann Furedi and Rick May back from a vacation in the Finger Lakes region . . . John Wesley informed me today that our neighborhood is being vandalized by people looking for metal to sell. Specifically, they are breaking off the outdoor spigots for the couple of pennies the brass might bring. Unfortunately, if you have not turned off the water inside you may find that the broken pipe will flood your basement. Take a moment and give the valve a twist if you are vulnerable . . . I am a teetotaller but I mentioned to a group today that I was quite taken by those "most interesting man in the world" commercials though I didn't know the name of the brand. After Googling the slogan Stay thirsty my friend we discovered that it was a Mexican brew called Dos Equis (Two X-es, in translation). But the big surprise was that these advertisements have an international following and you can see most of them on YouTube! . . . Is this derelict vehicle on Peffer Street really smiling or have I been watching the movie Cars too often? . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment