Friday, November 25, 2011

Beautiful weather. Normally Black Friday is a slow time at The Bare Wall, but not today. It was exciting to be so busy, to see so many of you. I was especially pleased that so many of our new items found a place on your holiday lists . . . Among all my maladies aforementioned we might add another; I stubbed my toe Monday evening and the damage was painful. I might even have broken it . . . Neighbors are seeking info on the auto parked in the 200 block of Briggs; its back window was broken out in the last day or two . . . Yesterday's picture was a repeat from two years ago but it still commanded a fair amount of response. It was taken in the early '60s in the Shenandoah Valley. My companion, the late Bob Rook, and I had borrowed my dad's car for the trip. Unfortunately, dad did not tell us that the gas gauge was inaccurate and somewhere in the backwoods of West Virginia we ran out of gas. Bob hitched a ride with a large family visiting the area from New York City and while I waited he located a small garage whose owner came to our rescue. It was our favorite memory of the trip despite the Skyline Drive . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment