Tuesday, November 15, 2011


Last week I received a notice by mail that my water bill was in arrears and that the water would be shut off as of a certain date. I called Tammy Evans at city hall as the letter instructed, and when my call wasn't returned I assumed that my check had already been processed. But Monday morning I found a message posted on the door to The Bare Wall again threatening to disconnect my water. Again I called this Tammy Evans and she answered; her solution was to refer me to the treasurer's office. I called there and, of course, had to leave a message that wasn't returned. Today I am still in limbo so I again called Ms. Evans and got the answering machine. Of course my call was not returned. So I have no idea what my standing is at city hall and apparently no one in employ there could give a hoot. The checks which were mailed out at the same time have already cleared the bank but, folks, this happened to me once before and at that time I found the office was over two weeks behind in processing the mail. If anyone knows this Tammy Evans, please ask her to get on the ball and assure her that I am good for whatever I owe . . . P.S. We are talking about less than one hundred dollars . . . If you, by chance, lived at the Governor's Residence, this is the sunset over the Susquehanna that you could enjoy each night . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment