Thursday, August 18, 2011


Oh, no. All the running back and forth to the hospital last month certainly disrupted my schedule, so much so that I forgot to pay the state sales tax when it became due. So today I got a (deserved) dunning letter saying they wanted their money immediately. Don't know what the governor's plans are for my couple of coins, but I will see that he gets them pronto (and with interest, of course) . . . The compartmentalized music box for storing jewelry is making a comeback this year so we will have several in stock to show you for the holiday season. A bit pricey, fellows, but she is worth it . . . This triplex building at the corner of Harris and North Second Street has fascinated me for some time now. Perhaps it has seen better days, but being the romantic that I am I find those balconies, turrets and windows of all sizes quite fascinating. I assume these are apartments now, but one wonders about the families who may have lived there initially. According to Ken Frew's book on Harrisburg architecture they were built in the late 1890s and were not particularly well received at the time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment