Monday, August 22, 2011

I guess I committed a faux pas of sorts last night when I mentioned only the big box stores in connection with Bob's search for a new dryer. Received two e-mails (thanks Kathy and Lindsay) recommending Rozman Brothers (“On the Harrisburg/Steelton line.”). Always patronize the little local guys first, I was told, and I couldn't agree more. Rozman's will be delivering our new machine tomorrow morning (and the price was right) . . . Was delighted to find a mysterious package on my stoop yesterday. The bag contained two big hunks of watermelon courtesy of Dean Touloumes. This has been my year for watermelon; usually a dish for breakfast and a treat just before bed . . . I recall running across a note to myself several weeks ago concerning an August birthday. I cannot find it now, but I somehow thought it might have been Judy Robinson. I contacted her, and while she appreciated my interest, she had to confess that her birth date is in April. So, out there, if your birthday is in August and you have not yet been mentioned in the blog, please accept our very best wishes . . . As I sit on the porch both morning and evening it seems that every person passing by is smoking a cigarette. I am almost through my seventh month of doing without and suddenly I am feeling deprived . . . Here is the big trivia question that we plagued people with at the store today: What “started in Scranton; it's now Number One” ? . . . Answer tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment