Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dr. Bob Coldren celebrates his birthday on Friday . . . CAN members will gather Saturday evening in the MacNett backyard on North Street for their annual picnic . . . A partial shipment of Ron Hinkle hand-blown glass from Buckhannon, West Virginia, arrived this afternoon. What came is choice, but several stellar pieces are on back order. Unfortunately, the glass blowers go on hiatus in August when the temperatures soar, so we don't expect additional items until September . . . Credit where credit is due department: I was at the Battisti residence a few weeks ago and enjoyed a glass of lemonade; Eric said it was organic something or other and that he would get me a big bottle the next time he went shopping. Well, the kids delivered two bottles yesterday, and I guess Cecilia called my attention to the gift at least three times with “My daddy got this for you.” I e-mailed my thanks . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment