Friday, August 12, 2011

I am distressed to report that for some unexplained reason the TripAdvisor site has decided to kick us off its “Things to see and do in Harrisburg” listing. No more reports on this blog about visitors from Singapore and Shanghai. Too bad. While these travelers never spent much, meeting them was wonderful and we had many pleasant conversations with many nice (and one or two not so nice) people. And we were able to steer them to other attractions and restaurants, so those venues will suffer the loss of trade, I fear . . . In the meanwhile I have just discovered that Google Images has been lifting all the pictures placed in this blog for its catalog. So JJ shows up there frequently, though unidentified. Win some, lose some, I guess. In the future I will be certain to give my photos a better descriptive phrase for that shows up with the pictures as well . . . Placed orders with two more companies this afternoon although we only sold one card for the whole day. Will have new Christmas décor items and some very fine musical jewelry boxes. The latter are not cheap but they are beautiful . . . My political observation for the week: we dare not raise taxes, particularly on the rich, because it is their money that creates jobs. Well, then—there have been no new taxes so where are the new jobs? . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment