Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I was totally zonked today after my morning procedure at the hospital and I didn't accomplish anything for the rest of the day. Much of the exhaustion was caused by anxiety since I had had this same procedure about five weeks ago and had promptly passed out on my return to the house. The scan dehydrates the body, apparently, and you are left light-headed for hours no matter how much you drink . . . I was taken aback by a "Letter to the Editor" in today's Pat-News which alleges that it is the Democrats who have all the money and that is why the rich are not being taxed. Don't know who that lame-brain was, but if the Democrats were holding the money sacks the Tea Party people would eagerly tax them of every penny . . . Had a delightful time with some ladies who visited the store. When I asked them where they were from they told me it was a place I had never heard of. The first was from Marklesburg which is just a few miles outside of Huntingdon where I went to college; another one was from Riddlesburg, where I went to school when in the sixth grade. Small world with lots of laughs . . . Guy Kehler wants us to know that
the annual St. Michael's rummage sale on State Street will be held Saturday, September 3, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Baked goods will also be available and a group from the church will also participate in the Chili Cookoff. This is a one-day-only event this year, so plan to come early for the bargains. Of course, you will be wrestling me for the jigsaw puzzles . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment