Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bob Murray will celebrate his birthday on Saturday and Rick May will hoist a beer or two on Sunday in observance of his natal day . . . The shipment of Maine bells arrived today as promised. This time around I purchased the Cape Cod Bell, a much larger version with really deep tones. It is heavy; now I need to find a place to display it ($55) . . . Have you tried calling the police department lately? If not, get ready for a shock. There is no human on the other end these days. Instead we get a long and complicated menu in both English and Spanish. I finally was directed to where I wanted to go, but once there I got an answering machine that promised someone would call me back in a few moments. Well, almost two hours later I called back, not having received the promised return call. This is the worst possible arrangement and certainly is not a satisfactory replacement for the dispatcher who used to answer. We do not always have a 9-1-1 emergency but sometimes we do need to speak with a patrolman and those "menu" options frequently do not address our problem. I hope the CAN leadership gets on the ball and quickly files a complaint on our behalf . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment