Tuesday, October 12, 2010


The window at the Brass Monkey was accidentally broken by one of the employees . . . Realized too late that I forgot two members of Bob's club in my list of "thank yous." I hope Roger and Porter will forgive me . . . Erica and Kim have those spooky spider lights back in their window for the season . . . Several have noticed that Jaime's curbside garden has moved a few doors to the east. Turns out that work is being done on her building and she had to make way for the contractors . . . Our 38th anniversary sale starts Friday whether or not the post cards are in the mail. (At the rate we are going they won't be.) Sale continues thru October 30. Spend $20 and save 15%. Sign up for the drawing . . . Entered a modest order for our Christmas mints today. Still $15 per box. Delivery expected about mid-November . . . My friend Edgar Freed who lives in the environs has always been told that those mysterious arches are all that is left of a cut nail factory, in its time the largest in the world and owned by the Cameron family. West Fairview grew to house most of the workers. The factory was vacated when the Camerons built a steel mill to the south and Steelton was born. We are not vouching for the accuracy of this report but apparently that is the popular thinking of the day . . . This is Post #476. I cannot believe that I have stuck with it this long. I realized that I can now have a "Down Memory Lane" feature so I went back a year to see what was happening. Would you believe: I was trying to sell that dumb floor candlestick. AND I am still trying to sell it despite advertising on Craig's List and FaceBook! Maybe we should forgo our usual gift certificate prizes in our annual anniversary drawing and give the candlestick instead. What do you think? . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment