Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I like to think that I am individual in some way but today I was just one of a billion. I, like most of the world, was fascinated by the mine rescue in Chile and returned to the computer again and again to watch the process after having stayed up much too late last night for the same reason. It has been rightly called "the Great Escape." What a show! The Chilean people can be justly proud. I was particularly impressed with the Chilean president . . . Bob and Eileen Young are back from an unforgettable vacation in Egypt. A highlight, just one of many, was a four day cruise up the Nile.
One thinks they must have felt a kinship with the characters in the Agatha Christie novel . . . Bob and I had a lovely "summer" picnic with Lee Spitalny tonight. The event was intended for July or August--burgers on the grill and drinks on the patio--but something constantly intervened. So what if we had to eat indoors; the burgers were just as tasty and the company was delightful . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment