Friday, October 15, 2010


Our 38th anniversary sale is underway. As you can see from the banner above, spend just $20 and save 15%. Sale items are excepted, of course . . . We entered the twenty-first century today when Bob bought us a large flat-screen monitor for our computer. I installed it myself which probably will come as a surprise to my computer gurus: Rick May, Jon Carfagno, Larry Kirkhuff, Eric Webb and Gary O'Leary. Stand by, men, you never know: but it is working for the moment . . . The screen will take some getting used to but, to be honest, it reminds me of Cinemascope. The pictures are squashed and elongated so that everyone looks like he has gained another thirty pounds. But my tired eyes can read everything plainly now, and that is a plus . . . People can still appreciate the good and the bad of the Cinemascope process via VHS and DVD. But I am sorry that we no longer have Cinerama. I loved the three camera process that really did wrap the picture around you . . . These political advertisements are really beginning to wear me down. If all these organizations (most from out of state, incidentally) would just give the government what they are spending, all of our budget woes could be cured overnight. And most are misleading. If we were to believe the Corbett ads, Pittsburgh disappeared a long time ago and no longer exists . . . JJ has created a huge web on the front yard tree as part of his Halloween decor. He assures me, however, that the giant spider (barely discernible in this photo) is not real and won't harm me . . . Hope daddy Eric realizes that it is he who will be taking down all this stuff some cold November day . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment