Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Just noticed there is another property up for sale in our neighborhood. This one is on Church Street . . . Well, it is the season for tricks and false faces. We should be prepared for a surprise or two. I got a doozy this morning . . . You might remember that back on September 25 I reported on a delightful visit by two couples from North Carolina who were visiting in Central Pennsylvania. The women were interested in the crafts and the artisans who made them; the men were into history and architecture. We discussed the neighborhood, the Capitol and environs for over an hour. They were very nice people. I concluded my report back then with the hope that perhaps they would give us a good report on that website that suggests places to see in Harrisburg . . . I happened to stumble onto that site this morning while searching for something else. WOW. The lady did post a review of The Bare Wall and it was scathing! “I found this to be a nice little (& let me emphasize "little") shop” she reported and said we didn’t deserve to be on the list . . . Well, sorry. We have utilized all the available space, survived for 38 years and become a neighborhood landmark of sorts. And she could have bought everything for about $40,000. Not much more we can do. Guess I feel betrayed somehow and unloved . . . Still, it is good to see the place through the eyes of a stranger. This one might have been from North Carolina but could have been from Camp Hill or Colonial Park or just two blocks up the street. I just don’t know what else to do to make the place attractive. The people from Wisconsin, San Antonio, San Francisco and Quakertown among others said it was a nice place but didn't blog. Can I still believe them? . . . It was a sobering introduction to a mostly gloomy day. The fact that there was no business didn’t help

No comments:

Post a Comment