Wednesday, October 6, 2010


Judging from your many messages of encouragement (and I thank you all for them) I apparently sounded much too glum yesterday when I reported on the review of the Bare Wall posted by the couples from North Carolina. I was surprised and perhaps disappointed by the woman's words, but I had intended to report them to you tongue-in-cheek. Had they walked through and departed I would have given the matter little thought; that happens on occasion. But I found it amusing that in such a "little" shop it took them more than an hour to pour over the merchandise and learn about the area . . . Fortunately the couple from Chicago who came by this morning because of the listing were not discouraged. She bought a few cards and whispered: I'd like to shop more but one can't with him (husband) around. (How often have I heard that in 38 years?) They were in town for a car show and to see the Capitol . . . Bob learned that his last aunt (and the last of her generation in the family) passed away yesterday . . . This cute piece of seasonal decor is thirteen inches long and six inches high. It is made of tin, has receptacles for three tea lites behind the smiling faces and sells for $8.50. We have six to sell . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment