Sunday, October 17, 2010


Moved into Sunday morning winter mode today, working on the books and listening to my foreign broadcasts. Learned about rural on-call bus service in Wales, what to do about wintering my hibiscus in Kent and who was saluting who on the Greetings program in Scotland. More historic recordings from the Welsh String of Pearls program too. Can you imagine Bing Crosby on a 1928 recording? . . . Ernie Kepner delivered a big batch of chocolate chip cookies, the old-fashioned original recipe ones that are my favorite. His cookies are excellent, but no one can beat his homemade macaroni salad--the best I have ever tasted . . . Placed a large order with Amazon that included a mystery novel by Peter Durantine, editor of TheBurg. I had not been aware that he had written one. All I need now is the time to read it. Our anniversary sale is well underway and that absorbs all my free time . . . JJ spent yesterday afternoon riding all the adult thrill rides at Hershey Park. Have a picture or two to share with you. The kid is fearless. He hated the "kiddie" rides when at Disney World but loved the adult ones . . . Tyler and Lelia Simmons helped mom Sharon bag up the leaves from the green ash tree I pictured a few days ago. Autumn is definitely upon us as you can see . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment