Tuesday, October 19, 2010


Bob's niece, Trisha Boyer, celebrates her birthday tomorrow. If I can trust Joel's memory, Lyn Lawson is celebrating today . . . I am sure I will appreciate the end result, but each time I walk down Third Street and see the construction intended to widen the sidewalk around Capitol Park I feel a pang of anger. The project seems no further along than it was back in July, and all the money being spent might have saved the State Library from virtual extinction. I see that the "bucket of blood" Keystone that once honored the 28th division has also been uprooted. Bet that doesn't get replaced . . . Now that our Senate race is being rated a toss-up, more foreign money is pouring into the Commonwealth. The NRA has joined the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in financing Toomey's adverts on TV . . . Can't wait for this sleaze to end, though I am glad that the public is taking a closer look at the so-called tea party movement. It doesn't survive serious scrutiny . . . If you do not get a postcard from us in the next day or so you are not on our mailing list . . . A couple of glitches with the electricity knocked me off line twice this afternoon. And if I am going to show you a picture tonight, it has to be soon. The uploading process is being interrupted by Google this evening for maintenance. So . . . Here (hopefully) is JJ working on one of his pumpkin projects . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment