Thursday, October 21, 2010


Barely got the children's books onto the shelve when I sold four of them. At the outset I thought the first shipment would see me through the holidays. Now I am not even sure that the second will and it was twice as large as the first. These you gotta see! . . . But the one thing I have learned in 38 years of business--you never know . . . JJ is suffering "growing pains" with aches in his legs. I am told this is normal but I don't recall it as a child. (Bob does.) But I do have my knickers in a twist for the moment; this is one thing I cannot help him with. Tried to tote him around the neighborhood to ease the pain, but he isn't the babe he used to be. More like a full sack of potatoes . . . Got my Amazon shipment today so nothing got done while I explored the new books. There just aren't enough hours in the day to do the pleasurable things, let alone running a business . . . Before the green ash next door met its demise on a windy day Bryan MacLeod got a neat picture of our front entrance. Must have been warm--the door is hanging open. Please, please let the weekend be in the 70s as currently promised . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment