Friday, October 1, 2010

Brisk autumn day, just perfect for tomato soup at lunch. Please remember that Tyler and Lelia Simmons are still collecting Campbell's food products labels for their school. Drop off any that you have at The Bare Wall . . . Saw my first Christmas advertisement on TV last night. We have some terrific Santas and snowmen secreted in the closet but you will have to wait to see them. It is simply too-o-o-o early for me . . . Amy and Doug Hill will be running in the Hershey half-marathon on Sunday . . . Harrisburg will file for "distressed city" status with the Commonwealth in an effort to combat our fiscal problems. Mayor Thompson's theme song--"It was the previous administration's fault"--has been sung once too often. She fails to mention that she was a major player in that administration . . . Got a startling e-mail this morning. It was purportedly from a writer whose books I have reviewed on Amazon. I would like to think this was legitimate; of course, it could have been a publicist for the publishing company. Anyway, perhaps I will receive a reply to a question I posed. If so, I will tell you who the writer is and a bit about his books . . . One has to be suspicious, unfortunately. Since we have been advertising on Craig's List we have received a couple of messages obviously fake. One said that someone was desperate to meet me: click here. (I didn't.) Another warned that some woman was intent on destroying my romantic life. Go to this link for proof. (I didn't.) . . . All I am trying to do is to unload some slow moving merchandise. How that equates to sexual adventure is beyond me . . . Perhaps I should not have used the word unload; this is a family site . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment