Wednesday, January 5, 2011


Thanks to Bob most of our Santas have retreated to the closet for the season. The ornaments and boxed holiday cards are still on the public shelves for you last-minute bargain hunters . . . Mary Ann Furedi-May wasn't happy with me for extolling the beauty of the plant in yesterday's blog. She is a conservationist and informs me that this particular grass is not a native and is very invasive . . . Saw my doctor today for a three-minute procedure which stretched into more than an hour once the diagnosis was made. Numerous tests and a surgery had to be scheduled. I am afraid The Bare Wall schedule is apt to be erratic for the rest of the month and I will keep you informed. I do want to assure my male readers that should their urologist recommend a cystoscopy there is nothing to fear. It is a painless procedure and over in no time . . . Bob Coldren caught this shot of a woodpecker lunching on his patio this morning. He is not sure of the species; perhaps some reader can identify it for us . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment