Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Our car got zapped, presumably by a truck, while parked on Briggs Street yesterday afternoon. The passenger side mirror was torn off. Shards were found, but apparently the perp picked up the larger pieces before fleeing . . . We will be closed Monday for the holiday as you can see by the streamer above . . . Susan Swenson and her friend from Perry County were shoppers today. They have promised to check the blog, and I hope they do. I very much would like to be in touch with the friend especially. She has knowledge of the Brunner or Brauner (spelling?) sisters who were fixtures in the neighborhood for many years. One owned a rooming house on North Street, another had a home on Briggs, and the one at 708 Green, if memory serves, owned the Catholic Shop then located in a tiny, tiny building on State Street (since torn down for a pocket garden). Their brother, Bill, had a large used bookstore in his home further up Susquehanna Street. I hope the Perry Countian can remember the names and perhaps other info about our area. If Bob understood correctly, she was a resident of the rooming house when a young girl. Perhaps she will e-mail me . . . Today's CT scan at the Harrisburg Hospital was an irritation more than anything and I was quite annoyed. (Seems I might be the last person on earth to have one, but if not let me assure you CT scan virgins that it is completely painless and quick--once you get to it.) . . . Since I am allergic to seafood and fish, I had to take some pre-procedure pills which I thought conditioned me for the scan; not so. I arrived at ten a.m. expecting to be in the store by 10:30, but no one told me I had to spend at least an hour taking some liquid every fifteen minutes to make me "glow." Eventually I complained to the receptionist, saying I should have been told about the delay; "I would have brought a book or some Sudoku puzzles," I said. She gave me a smile, reached into her desk, and brought out a huge book of the puzzles. "Be my guest." . . . Eventually my technician Jeremy reappeared and the scan went off without a hitch. He explained that the allergy protection I had ingested was for the dye he was using and not the earlier concoction I had to drink. He was quite informative and gave me some various scenarios that even my physician had not yet been able to share. So perhaps it was a worthwhile visit after all . . . Snow is falling as I write. If you must travel, please be careful . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment