Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Snowy off and on but not too cold. Didn't expect anyone, but Lisa Essman and Janet Day made the trip. They were our first customers of the week! . . . Bob got me to the hospital despite the rain and snow for my early appointment but was angry that I decided to walk home rather than call him out in the slush. I hadn't had anything to eat since before midnight, so I made a beeline for Dunkin' Donuts. The coffee there is terrific . . . However, we oldsters remember when the chain had the best doughnuts anywhere. Sadly, no longer. Back then they had delightful TV commercials, too. Remember "It's time to make the doughnuts."? . . . For a real doughnut treat one has to go south on the expressway toward York. I think the strip is called the Valley Green Mall or something such, and there one will find Maple Donuts. Yummy, yummy. Any kind! If any readers pass by that way, please grab me a dozen. Will gladly pay a premium! . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment