Thursday, January 20, 2011


Bob wants to thank everyone for his cards, e-mails, telephone calls, FaceBook greetings, visits and the various goodies shared to mark his birthday. As usual (it used to bother me, but not any more) he hibernated and sulked for several hours while he contemplated growing older, but by the late afternoon he came out of his shell. The kids came by and Cecilia insisted that they color together as they always do, and, true to form, she painted some of herself between scrawls on the paper. Our thanks again for such kindnesses . . . I am sorry to report that Root Candles increased prices by five percent or slightly more at the beginning of the year. We are withholding the rise on our current stock until March 1 so that you can re-supply at the old rate. Please take advantage of the savings . . . I am even sorrier to report that the Oakmoss fragrance that caught everyone's fancy this fall has been discontinued. I called the company to register your complaint and a weary sales person mumbled "You aren't the only one, I can assure you of that." Based on the number of calls, she suspects the fragrance will re-emerge in the not too distant future but could make no promises . . . I am struggling with one of those dollar store jigsaw puzzles Bob picked up in his travels. He likes to support my passions, but the dollar store series has pieces so small that my big fingers can barely manage them. We sold quite a few of our quality puzzles this holiday season, but I was surprised when my supply of recycled puzzles (much cheaper) failed to entice. I've got a nice selection on hand, and it is growing . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment