Sunday, February 28, 2010

My morning was interrupted by a telephone call from an enthusiastic young man looking for some Bill Campbell pottery pieces. Luckily I was at the computer and could check our inventory for him; unfortunately I had none of the items he needed. He said he was having trouble because there was no gallery outlet near where he lived. And where was that? Billings, Montana! He had Googled Bill Campbell and The Bare Wall came up as a source. Do you think I might advertise the business as "nationally famous" after this? (I was able to direct him to Bill's studio and he was very grateful.) . . . It is amazing how much people can learn about you on the Internet. If you never have done so, Goggle your own name. You will be surprised by what you find . . . Thanks to a loan from Jacquie Kirby Hensel Bob and I are reading The Blue Orchard. Bob is finished and I am halfway through. Based on fact this is the story of a poor Perry County lass who becomes a nurse to a black abortion doctor in Harrisburg. Street addresses, stores, hotels, influential politicians and the like are all mentioned by name. It is virtually a history of the city through the Great Depression, World War II and beyond. It is exceptionally well written and a must read for anyone interested in our area's past . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment