Friday, February 25, 2011


TheBurg for March has arrived; your copy is waiting. And of course you will be sure to read our advertisement . . . Lyn Lawson called this afternoon to extend her appreciation to Bob, me and all of her neighbors for the friendship she enjoyed while a home owner in the 200 block of Briggs Street. She is moving on tomorrow, and her house has been sold to two new members of the Governor's administration. I will have the names for you shortly . . . Spike Hensel, Lee Spitalny and several others have sent me an Internet story about the value of asparagus puree in the treatment of cancers. Well, there is no harm in trying, so today Bob whipped up a first batch for me to use. I haven't had my first dose yet, but he said it is surprisingly tasty . . . A new cookbook in our collection sounds like a winner, at least from an historical perspective. It is titled Unforgettable and features the foods on a decade to decade basis that came into favor during the 1900s. The century kicks off with Waldorf Salad and Devil's Food Cake and even I can recall the big winner in the 1950s--Mamie Eisenhower's Million-Dollar Fudge. Spiral-bound and just $11.50 . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment