Thursday, January 7, 2010

A slight break in the freeze--it got above 32 degrees for a few seconds today . . . Robert Murrary reports that the asking price for his house at 810 Green has been reduced to $164,900 . . . We tried the new dishwasher last night and it will take some getting used to. It is one of those energy efficient gadgets that uses less water but takes almost two hours to complete the cycle; seems to me that means more electricity, but who am I to judge. Anyway, it runs so quietly that we weren't sure it was running at all most of the time. In the end Bob proclaimed the dishes cleaner than they had been in years. I hope he wasn't just trying to justify the expense. Think I will read thru the manual again. I rather liked the old days when the machine chugged and rattled and was finished in half an hour . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment