Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Brrrrrrrr . . . Tom Leonard was our only customer today and a quick walk to the bank told me why. I can't imagine anyone out for a stroll And it is to get worse we are told . . . This is my 194th post on this site--we started back in June--and apparently quite a number visit this log often. I must also assume that none of us is very observant. Got an e-mail today asking "Where are you located?" Somehow I had forgotten to post the address and no one brought that to my attention until today. Thanks, Tracey . . . The day before Christmas was our busiest of the year and with Mark heading for Texas it was just Bob and me to manage. We have to thank (belatedly, I admit) our neighbors Amy and Doug Hill who took pity on us and came bearing newly-made chowder and bread for a quick lunch. Delicious and much appreciated . . . Everyone asks how our season was this year. Happy to report that it was better than last, but to be perfectly candid, the year was our worst since 1974 . . . Between holidays spent a delightful evening with the newlyweds Eric and Joanne and with Rick and Mary Ann Furedi-May. Rick and Mary Ann gave the rest of us shivers as they recounted their research days in the Florida swamps with alligators nipping at their ankles . . . Floridians Pam and Ty Cowell had a nice old-fashioned Christmas tree loaded with Bare Wall ornaments. No palm for them: "It's a fake fir," Pam said . . .

1 comment:

  1. Ron and Bob,
    Thanks for having us up to the county house. We had a great time. Happy New Year!!! Stay warm. Rick

    ReplyDelete