Sunday, January 10, 2010

CAN AREA NEIGHBORS, READ THIS: When someone attempted to rip the wreath from our courtyard gate a few weeks ago I thought it an isolated incident. Not so. Now that I have been out and about I have learned that our neighborhood is beseiged with vandals and would-be burglars. There was a major incident of vandalism on North Street just last night, so the culprit(s) is still at work. I have been told that St. Pat's Cathedral was entered just a short while back but what theft, if any, was not learned by my informant. There have been several attempted break-ins on North Street recently with grated basement windows the choice of entry. (At least one window was broken.) It is important that everyone in the neighborhood make certain his cellar cannot be entered in this fashion. I would appreciate knowing of other incidents so I can pass them on; apparently this is more serious that I had imagined. (e-mail address at left.) . . . If you had been wondering about Zephyr Express, it has been learned that the restaurant and apartment building next door are now for sale. We can thank Angela Lawson for this link:
http://www.loopnet.com/property/16508518/231-237-North-Street/ . . . I have had time to explore my favorite streaming web cam sites, and I can report that it is snowing everywhere--well, almost. In Florida it is so cold that Pam Cowell's Christmas cactus even burst into bloom . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment