Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Noticed on my walk this morning that the linden trees are wonderfully fragrant and I paused for a few deep breaths. Mistake. My nose was running and my eyes nearly closed by the time I got back to the store. Took a pill and drowsed off and on all afternoon. Thanks, Bob, for manning the fortress . . . UGI is still digging in the 800 block so Green Street is closed at Forster. For that reason, unfortunately, Bob didn't have much "manning" to do . . . John Zimmerman back from a vacation in Provincetown and environs. Encountered Mark Stevens, our holiday employee, who is house manager at the Shire-Max Inn there . . . An old customer and friend, Kaitlin (Kate) Mussomeli was in town over the weekend and spent some time with Bob. Kate is considering a return to the Harrisburg area, and the news couldn't be more welcome. Her holiday cookie baskets are spoken of fondly every Christmas . . . When I wasn't napping I was following the shootings in Cumbria, UK, through the foreign media on the Internet. Tragic. "Just like in America," one bewildered villager said . . .

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see the note about Mark. I know him well - for about the last 27 years! He's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete