Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Green Street was again closed this morning. Will this never end? . . . Happy Birthday today to Brian Wall (and his twin brother); train engineer George Miller will celebrate his natal day tomorrow . . . Have I missed it? I have been waiting (im)patiently for the Greater Harrisburg Arts Council to declare its gate receipts from ArtsFest and thus far I haven't seen or heard anything. Are they still counting their money? This delay raises a lot of questions in my mind . . . A flyer came through my door in response to yesterday's post. Kathy Panza operates a Cartridge World franchise (?) at 28 South Third Street. Apparently one can have his old ink cartridges refilled there at a price cheaper than the new-boughts. The flyer didn't suggest prices, but it might be worth checking out. Anyone out there use this service? . . . I told you about Harrisburg Summer of Solutions a few days ago and Peter has provided a lot more info, almost too much to mention here. For starters you can check the website which is currently being updated: http://www.grandaspirations.org/apply/harrisburg.html. . . . For those of you on FaceBook: Harrisburg Summer of Solutions on Facebook. (Actually, this got me no where; I am not a computer guru so I must be doing something wrong and JJ isn't here to give me guidance!). . . There is a fund-raiser planned for Summer of Solutions on Monday, June 21, and I will give you that info later in the week . . . WELL, WELL, WELL . . . I no sooner posted this entry than we heard from the Arts Council. They claim admissions amounted to only $100,000 or attendance of only 20,000 visitors. A far cry from former estimates in the 250,000 to 300,000 range. Were former figures that much over inflated? Something seems amiss to me . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment