Saturday, June 19, 2010

If you have not yet heard, the State Museum will shorten its hours and raise its prices beginning July 1. New hours are Thursday-Saturday, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sunday, noon till 5 p.m. Those 13 and older will now pay $5, and those below (even 1-year-olds) will pay $4. The third Saturday of each month will be free to all . . . The current gift shop will be closed and a new one will take its place in the fall according to TheBurg . . . Bryan and Jaime MacLeod celebrating their first wedding anniversary today . . . Jack Barnett is offering a major discount to people from the Harrisburg area who book into his Shire-Max Inn in Provincetown, Ma., this summer . . . Back (way back) in my journalism days I had thoughts of becoming a novelist. I had stacks of notebooks and scraps of paper documenting my ideas for my New York Times best seller which I would knock out just as soon as I had the time . . . Well, the time never came and all those notes have long since disappeared. I did, however, write a poem which I think deserves a place in some anthology, so if anyone knows someone who is assembling a book of verse, please feel free to pass along my creation (with proper credit, of course) . . .


MY SHOELACE

I’d rather not . . . Have the knot . . . I’ve got.

I knew you would like it . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment