Monday, June 28, 2010


Joanne and Eric spent Saturday afternoon on the river. They paddled their kayaks from Fort Hunter south to City Island, exploring all the islands en route. They were very enthusiastic about the experience and think they might even invest in kayaks of their own. For this trip they rented equipment from Susquehanna Outfitters on the island and felt the money well spent. They would encourage others to try it--even me, who is afraid of the water. Eric promises that for the most part the water would be only waist deep on my six-foot-plus frame . . . Our collection of 30 old-time Fourth of July postcards is only $9.00 and would be a fun way to show your patriotism (or to invite people to your cook-out) . . . Both Bob and I finished the mystery novels we were reading and are looking forward to another. In the meanwhile I just watched my new DVD, a gentle tour of the boat canals of England, Wales and Scotland. Think I could overcome my fear of water to take one of these rides, though the cruise along Loch Ness sounds a little hairy . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment