Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Happy birthday to Charles Fetterhoff . . . Our thanks to Kim and Erica for bringing us goodies from their beach holiday . . . According to Wall Street pundits, Harrisburg is now the "junkiest" city in America meaning that all our promissory notes and bonds are all but worthless . . . From our Who Would Have Thought It file: I was speaking with friend Ed Freed over the weekend about the local railroad footage I had found on YouTube and he wondered if there might also be something on the state's historic canal system which passed through Harrisburg. So I dutifully searched "Pennsylvania Canals." I got a mention or two of the tourist attractions in the Bucks County area and one about the portage of boats over the Allegheny Mountains. But what I got most were Pennsylvania dentists advertising their "root canal" expertise . . . Still lots of chat on PennLive about the $5 admission fee for ArtsFest. The Greater Harrisburg Arts Council has yet to announce just how much they collected. Based on past numbers and their promises to vendors on their website, I am betting the figure should be in excess of $1.2 million . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment