Monday, May 24, 2010


Today was the annual bikers' day in Harrisburg. The sight of motorcycles lining the street as far as the eye can see is most impressive and no picture really does the scene justice. One wonders what it must be like in Sturgis, S. Dak., when thousands of bikers assemble there. Most of the bikes were fairly standard to my untrained eye; none that I saw were as creatively painted as those I've seen in the past. But the sense of "community" permeated the air. And while the group has managed to have the helmet law altered to its liking, I was pleased to note that virtually every participant had a helmet handy . . . Received another bogus e-mail from Verizon indicating that I had only 48 hours to cough up my personal information before my Internet service was disconnected. Do people really respond to these requests? Guess so, or the scammers would find another approach . . . A full calendar of "Pride Day" events is scheduled for the next two months in the Central Pennsylvania area. Unfortunately the website is currently under re-construction so I will share some of the events with you as they approach . . . Friends John Bartolotta of Highspire and Jon Howard in West Virginia each sent me in-progress pictures of the Barnard statues at the Capitol which I had not encountered in my Internet search. I also had not been aware that Barnard was a Bellefonte native. You might want to give this a quick eyeball: http://www.milnercarrconservation.com/portfolio/project.cfm?projectid=49

No comments:

Post a Comment