Tuesday, May 18, 2010


A cool and rainy Election Day. Some disappointments are undoubtedly in store for me, but at least the neighborhood clutter will soon be gone. Forster Street, especially, has been a litter bin for the past two weeks . . . On the other hand, Bob, who does all our shopping and goes everywhere, has made a curious observation. Driving through Harrisburg, all the hoopla is Democrat against Democrat. On the West Shore, it is just the reverse--Republican against Republican. It is, after all, only the primary . . . But what if we could leave the signs up all year. Then, when house-seekers come around and ask "Well, what is this neighborhood like? Are the people friendly? Will I fit in?" we can simply point to the signs. They do go a long way to describe the attitudes prevalent in an area . . . This is Post 327. It has been almost a year since Eric Webb got me started on this blogging thing. Originally it was meant to stimulate sales at The Bare Wall, but somewhere along the way I have generally forgotten to sing the praises of our wares. (But hopefully I have managed to entertain, if only for a minute.) . . . Apparently without knowing it I have undermined my own enterprise. People used to come in and ask "What's new?" Now the first words out of a customer's mouth are "How's JJ?" Maybe it is time for a title change. Instead of TBW Daily Diary it could be The Prince Hour-by-Hour or something such . . . I will have to think about it . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment