Wednesday, May 19, 2010


A gray Day After . . . I do not know why I bothered to vote; in all the major races I only voted "right" once. (Well, actually I voted "right" every time; it was the other voters who got it "wrong.") Being politically naive, I was surprised by the outcome of several races. I did not anticipate Buxton's easy win and I thought Holden's negative Health Care vote would have had a greater impact . . . Regardless of your party, the end to Specter's career was somehow poignant; he had, over the years, done so much for Pennsylvania and the nation. Even in my most vigorous "Vote Democratic" years I gave him my support. That he should fall as "a man of principle" is heroic . . . We are left with two potential senators that none of us truly wants . . . Was pleasantly surprised on my 9 a.m. walk to find that someone had already cleared away all the signs from the Forster Street median between Green and Third Street. We could once again enjoy the roses . . . Well, having said all that, I still need to lift my spirits, and what could be better than a picture of Cecilia having a wonderful ride on Poppa's back . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment