Thursday, July 7, 2011

Watched the Dodge City Restaurant make-over program on the Food Channel last night. I thought the host was overly arrogant, perhaps to compensate for a lack of talent. He certainly was not the guru I expected and some of his suggestions struck me as stupid. As Doug, owner of the enterprise, said, he expected some constructive tips on what was already in place and not a complete trashing of 31 years of business. Bob has since visited the eatery and says he can approve of the décor but that the new menu lacks several of our old favorites . . . By now you must be tired of my medical adventures but this time around it appears there is a blockage in a kidney that needs serious attention in the near future. A stent and external drainage tube might be the remedy. As of this moment the operation will take place next Thursday. I am no longer amused by this adventure . . . I am more and more depressed, partly because Bob will be giving up his once-a-year trip with his men’s club to babysit me. And this is their 20th anniversary celebration year. Interestingly, my condition first manifested itself last year about this time while he was away at the get together . . . Details are sketchy but there may have been a shoot-out of sorts in the 200 block of Briggs Street last night. Two homes were hit by gunfire. There was also a rumored stabbing on North Street not connected to the shooting event but again there are no confirmed facts. If anyone knows anything please be in touch with me. E-mail address on the left . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment