Thursday, July 28, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised by a visit from my nephew Ken Welsh, his daughter Brandi and son Justin of McConnellsburg this morning. I hadn't seen Ken for several years. They were in town to get Brandi's birth certificate so she can pursue a driver's license . . . A wonderful late afternoon/early evening rain . . . Happy to welcome Jack Barnett home after his few weeks in the hospital . . . Mary Lingus recovering from foot surgery . . . Your August copy of TheBurg is here . . . Wishing all the best to our uptown neighbors Chris and Megan Zeigler as they leave us for their new home in Shipoke. We'll miss the dog, too . . . My uptown walks often take me around the HACC campus and I have to wonder why there are so many parking lots that never have any vehicles in them. I have threatened to actually count all the spaces that have been reserved for students. I cannot help but wonder—are all those asphalted fields now tax exempt? If so, that is a terrible boondoggle to pull on Harrisburg residents . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment