Sunday, July 3, 2011

It took seventy- five years, but I now have the ugliest sun-burned nose one has ever seen; no one told me that people taking antibiotics should stay in the shade . . . I am told that last night's symphony concert at the ballpark was exceptional and would have been even better had the mayflies stayed home . . . Bob and his uptown neighbors are mesmerized by some high-profile murder trial being aired on television; it is almost impossible to tear one's self away, I am told . . . Friend Gary reminds me that the Tour de France is now under way and I can see lots of aerial shots of the beautiful French countryside on Versus every day. I could care less who wins . . . I am reporting all this drivel so I don't launch into a tirade about our incompetent mayor and the even more incompetent people she has surrounded herself with. Our Fourth celebration in Harrisburg is pitiful. Perhaps I should ask Bob to write the next blog entry; he would have some blustering things to say . . . A reader named Georgia wrote in response to my little essay on vegetables to say that Harrisburg does have an urban vegetable stand of sorts. It is located in Strawberry Square each Tuesday. Check out this website: http://joshuafarm.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment