Tuesday, December 21, 2010


Sunny day with a chill but not a day for browsers. All who came had a purpose and we were pleased to assist and send them on their way with everything wrapped and ready . . . The Bare Wall is noted for its free gift wrap and we think we do a good job, Bob particularly, so we were appalled by the step-by-step gift wrapping procedures depicted in today's Patriot-News. These people need a few lessons themselves; only in extreme cases do you ever tape the paper to the box, for instance. Gift wrapping is a simple procedure and maybe I should do a blog on it sometime; it would only take a few lines and you would be a professional in no time . . . Our thanks to Paula Davenport for her kind review of us on TripAdvisor . . . I have only just learned that Google somehow tracks the people visiting this site, and I was surprised that people from all around the world have stumbled upon it. (Not that they are regular readers, of course.) But I guess we might bring a little touch of home to those in our armed forces. I would hope so . . . And according to the "stats" our readership is down a bit this month. People are busy and I can understand that . . . JJ wanted to show Cecilia and me what he had found on the computer. We were really too busy, but when the Prince commands his subjects obey. (I look too much like a grandpa--and mean no offense to Tom, the real one.) Anyway, that hands to the face gesture is pure Charlie Brown right out of Peanuts . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment