Friday, July 9, 2010


A slight break from those 100 degree temperatures and an even greater break promised for tomorrow . . . Felicity Fox preparing to visit relatives in England . . . Another departure at City Hall; so many have left the Thompson administration that we wonder who is left to run the city. I wasn't there, but I am told that the mayor's Fourth of July speech was an admonition to all to ignore the media and the blogs; quite a disservice to the First Amendment that we hold so dear in my opinion . . . this crape myrtle tree is in the 1400 block of Green Street and I look forward to its blooms every year. Sorry I cannot give credit to the owner, but it must get a lot of loving attention. It certainly cheers me up every time I pass it. It is just off Reily Street and worth a drive-by if you are in that vicinity . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment