Monday, July 5, 2010

I have not been to the river but my spies tell me that the heat and weak program are keeping the crowds away. Food vendors are not pleased . . . This event does give me the opportunity to vent about a long-held pet peeve. I simply am not in favor of giving live goldfish as prizes in a game of chance. I wonder how many of those poor devils make it through the next two days. I recall there was a time when pastel colored peeps were all the rage at Eastertide and that practice was soon outlawed as animal cruelty or something such. I don't know why these poor fishys don't deserve the same protection . . . Betty Immers has given us one set of Poetry magazine, December 2008 thru September 2009. If anyone is interested, please e-mail or call. First to respond gets the whole bundle for free . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment