Thursday, July 15, 2010


Post #386. Another one of those hot sticky days with the promise of worse to come. I guess this is the time of year when people think of going to the beach. That is not for me, though I am happy that Kim and Erica brought us more fudge from their weekend there . . . I think a quiet shady spot perhaps beside a stream is the ticket. There I could cozy up to a book and some lemonade without blaring radios, squealing tires and horn blasts from irate drivers . . . Just today I found this charming village which would make a perfect getaway for a bit. It is a Dutch settlement called Idaerd (I think). And there is also a video tour to go with the picture. Takes just a few moments and the music is pleasant even though I don't know the language. Those of you who know Dutch or German will probably enjoy it even more . . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UvHP_nWCY0 . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment