Sunday, September 25, 2011


Played some one-on-one soccer with JJ yesterday afternoon. (Oh my aching bones! I had to take a pain pill when I got home.) I never did learn what constituted a “score” but JJ said I lost, 12-2 . . . Sarah Battisti snapped this beautiful picture of a rose at a winery she and husband Eric were visiting near Portland, Oregon, earlier this week. I should have asked them to look up Fred Imhoff who makes our glass earrings and who is opening a new studio just outside of Portland . . . I am putting religion and politics aside and simply saying that The time has come. Anyone who was around in 1948 will remember the photos in Life Magazine and others that showed people being removed from their homes and placed in concentration camps during the establishment of Israel. It must have been much like the Highland Clearances in Scotland or the removal to reservations of the Indians in America. All was to be quickly resolved, but nothing has been. Now Palestine has asked for United Nations action, and I for one believe that steps should be taken and a new state created. Yes, there will be many arguments against such a position and some may be valid, but these people have been in limbo for over sixty years. Enough is enough . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment